Who We Are:
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast-growing fashion & commerce startup revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 11 stores in 6 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 70+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Graphics, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter, Nasty Gal), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Maker Studios, Thrive Market, AwesomenessTV), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
What We Are Looking For:
You are a proven collaborative team player, hardworking, dedicated, open-minded, humble, and enthusiastic —ready and eager to learn every part of the buying and planning process. You are excited for a hands-on role and ready to work closely with a tight-knit team to drive results and take the Anine Bing brands to the next level. The opportunity to work closely with cross-functional teams excites you.
The Buyer is responsible for creating a unique and timely product assortment for the retail, direct and wholesale businesses that meet or exceed the sales volume and profit for the ANINE BING brand. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter with experience in the apparel buying world. This candidate will enjoy a startup mentality and environment that changes day to day. He or she should possess a passion for contemporary fashion as well as a strong grasp of merchandising financials. The Buyer will work to create the appropriate merchandise mix based on emerging market trends, along with meeting the assortment strategies established by brand execs.
This role is not a remote position and will be based in Los Angeles.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Buying, Planning, and Merchandising to curate an assortment across all categories and global channels, including Ecommerce, Retail, and Wholesale that that fuels our growing business
- Create and execute category and SKU-based assortment and merchandising plans
- Recommend initial buys, manage reorders, and identify slow selling styles to ensure productive inventory
- Manage, write, monitor all PO’s in line with seasonal sales budgets
- NetSuite Purchase Order (PO) entry and maintenance. Management of receipt flow.
- Partner with Assistant Buyer and Production team regarding ship status, shortages and overages
- Analyze global sales, feedback, and historical data on weekly/monthly/seasonal basis to help better assort for future seasons
- Coordinate with Merchandising to make sure designs are adoptable, costs are measured, and concepts are clearly defined; identify new product and trend opportunities to develop new products
- Support Planning in all operational aspects of assigned product lines, delivery schedules, performance measurement, and inventory management on a style and category level
- Understand core customer and buys to relevant attributes. Drives business through well thought out strategy and ability to react to customer needs
- Understanding the DTC and wholesale calendar and ability to maximize efficiency of calendar for retail, direct and wholesale business
- Analyze sales reporting on a weekly basis, proactively reacting to optimize sales and minimize risks. Use reporting to develop an in depth understanding of product performance and customer base, develop action plans by category. Prepare detailed weekly, monthly, and seasonal sales analyses based on history, current trends and market forecasts
- Generate, analyze, and distribute weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Supports team with day-to-day activities and projects
- Drive seasonal product planning by finding and leveraging trends in color, prints/patterns, and lifestyles
- Provide basic analysis of key business data and reporting, including category performance, regional, selling, and size selling to drive business
- Monitor and use merchandising analysis and site analytics data to drive decisions
- Must have 3-5 years of experience at a fashion retailer with at least 1 year at the Buyer, Planner, Merchant, or Merchandiser level
- 1 year of experience managing a team
- Advanced retail math and proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Vlookups, Pivots, Index Match, Sumifs) required for reporting and data formatting. Must be comfortable with handling large excel spreadsheets and datasets
- Strong analytical skills- both quantitative and qualitative.
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and creative problem-solving skills with a figure-it out mentality.
- Team-player with the ability to work cross functionally in a collaborative environment.
- Self-starter who can manage multiple priorities at once and learn new things with little oversight
- Sense of fashion trends and market knowledge
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up capabilities
- Ability to effectively communicate, written and orally, with all levels of employees
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and systems with excellent time management skills
- Must be task driven and pro-active when it comes to executing tasks
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Aptitude to learn technical applications quickly and experience with NetSuite and Shopify is plus
- Retail experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance: Generous stipend for Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO: Subject to Manager Approval
- Summer Fridays
- Clothing Discount: Generous employee discount
- Amazing Culture: Happy Hours, Wellness Wednesdays, Company Outings & More!
Success at ANINE BING requires that…
- You love to win.
- You are a doer.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re humble.
- You are honest, straightforward and transparent.
- You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible).
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are resilient.
- You are flexible.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You are an insatiable learner.